Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Other Day

A few days ago, the house I grew up in became a farm house. One you see driving through rural New Jersey. The land was flat and the air was warm, a purple haze along the horizon as the sun set. My mom and dad got back together. They loved each other again, just for a day, but I'm so thankful for it. Something that hasn't happened for 13 years, at least. They were all in the family room watching television together with my twin and our dead family dog. This was when I was upstairs and discovered that my great-grandmother has possessed the dresser in my room. Her spirit angrily shook and rattled the wooden drawers. I flew down the steps to go tell my mother, only to find myself in North East Philadelphia up near Pennypack Park off the Delaware River. I frantically began gathering people, people I didn't even know, to come see the spirit of my great-grandmother. We never made it there before the sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment