Monday, August 30, 2010

August 12 2010

Natalie Nunez, a friend of mine from high school gave me a call on my cell phone and asked me to cover her shift for her at the Maggie Moo's in Port Richmond. I wondered if the Maggie Moo's in Wynnewood would actually transfer me just to work there for a day. After debating this with her, we both actually didn't care if the system worked that way and I covered her. When I got there, I realized I actually was in the Wynnewood store and I was working with my co-worker Joe Garber. The lights in the store were off and we hadn't opened yet, late morning light pouring into the store.

Suddenly, the fire safety sprinkler system went off, water pouring into the ice cream and down the walls and onto the floor. I call up my boss, Patrick, on the store phone but he doesn't answer. I leave a frustrated voicemail asking if he even cares about his business at all and if he does to come down and fix the problem. After complaining to Joe about how much I hate this job. I leave to run from something in Pennypack Park with Alex Willis.

No comments:

Post a Comment