Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sunday Evening

I was at the Shop Rite in Rio Grande at night, the super market was empty and the lights were turning off slowly. As I walked towards the automatic sliding doors and passed the pharmacy I began flipping through a series of photographic color images of the ocean that I was holding. Skimming through the saturated cyan photos I began to see moving waves, then shadows of fish and sting ray moving across the page. As I got to the end of the pile, I noticed my hands were becoming wet and drops of water were falling off the image and onto the floor.



I was a tiny Buddist artist sleepily laying on the belly of a giant Buddist Prince, resting my miniature head on his monolithic chin. He called me his artist and he would take care of me if I took care of him, as in create art at his commission. Upset that I was not free to create as I wished, I filled with anger, but was grateful somebody was going to take care of me and too tired to act out on my frustration. As I began to fall asleep I took notice of his smile lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment