Sunday, March 14, 2010

On the Second


I'm in the back of my Toyota Camry with my dad. I'm eight years old. We were along the side of my grandmother's house in Cape May parked on the grass near the tomato garden waiting for my brother and mom to come out of the house to drive back to Philadelphia. They were together again, my mom and dad, even though things weren't so perfect.

After a while of waiting I went inside the house. In the living room were moving boxes and bins stacked up around the room. I went upstairs to the hallway to find my mother pacing and screaming. "I'm never going back. I don't want to and you can't make me. I'm staying here."

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely.

    And I really love the rest of your blog, actually. The imagery present in your writing, how evocative and poignant it all is - thank you for sharing it!

    Bx

    ReplyDelete